Why Galveston Deserves Another Visit…For most people, this time of year means it's time to book a vacation. And, there's no better choice than beautiful Galveston Island.
- Historic Downtown - Galveston's downtown is welcoming new shops and restaurants on a regular basis. Look for Bubba's at Galveston, The Wine Next Door, Emboldened Boutique and The Tea & Spice Exchange during your next visit.
- Trolleys Return - Four rubber-wheel trolleys now operate on the Seawall and downtown. Rides are free this summer. Trolleys run from 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Visitors can now take a short trolley ride from downtown to the beachfront.
- New Beaches - Galveston has completed a $19.5 million beach nourishment project from 12th to 61st Streets. It's time to get some sand between your toes.
- Moody Gardens Aquarium - Moody Gardens completed a $37 million renovation on its Aquarium Pyramid offering new exhibits including jellyfish and tropical penguins.
- Fireworks Galore - Enjoy fireworks Friday and Saturday during Moody Gardens' Band on the Sand. Then "Stay and Play" on Sunday with another fireworks show from 37th and Seawall at 9 p.m. Travel Tip: You may be able to watch the show from our Rooftop Bar.
- Best in Texas - Galveston Island was named one of The South's "Best Islands" by Southern Living Magazine.
What to DoThere's always plenty to keep you entertained during a visit. Below are some popular travel tips:
Stay Two Nights and Save 20% (Sun - Thu)
- Deluxe accommodations for two at a 20% discount off best available rate when you stay two consecutive nights Sunday through Thursday.
- Rates from $143.20.