Fall Travel Tips(Tremont House Version)
Isn't time to plan your next Galveston getaway? The new season has kicked off at The Grand 1894 Opera House and it is festival season. Plan your visit to coincide with these popular events: Greek Festival (Oct. 14-15); ARToberfest (Oct. 21-22); Saengerfest Park Mini Monster Bash (Oct. 28) Island Oktoberfest (Oct. 27-28); and Lone Star Rally (Nov. 2-5)What's New
- New Beaches - Galveston completed a $19.5 million beach nourishment project from 12th to 61st Streets earlier this year. Visitors can expect beaches up to 150 feet wide through this project. And, fall is picture perfect for the beach.
- New Trolleys - Four rubber-wheel trolleys began operating in May and a downtown and Seawall route. Trolleys run from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday. The cost is $1 for adults. Exact change is required to ride, trolley drivers cannot make change.
- Best in Texas - Galveston Island was named one of The South's "Best Islands" by Southern Living Magazine.
What to Do
There are always plenty to keep you entertained during a visit. Below are some popular travel tips:
- Ten Reasons to Visit Galveston in Fall
- What's New in Downtown Galveston
- Five Free Tours
- Five Activities Under $15
- Little Known Happenings in Galveston
- Five Tours Unique to Galveston
- Eight Downtown Attractions
Girlfriend Shopping Spree Getaway at The Tremont House
Grab your bestie and escape for a little retail therapy. Enjoy special offers at nearby shops, decorate your own wine glasses at Clay Cup Studios and savor breakfast for two each morning. Make it a sleepover and book one of our double queen rooms.
Galvez Gives Back - Save Prime Rib and Dine for Charity
Galvez Bar and Grill at our sister property, Hotel Galvez & Spa, is offering a Prime Rib Dinner Special for $22 per person Thursday through Sunday Sept. 28 - Oct. 29. The dinner special offers a 10 oz. prime rib served with grilled seasonal vegetables, gorgonzola scalloped potatoes, cornbread muffins, and tea or coffee. Hotel Galvez & Spa will donate $5 of each prime rib meal sold to Harvey relief efforts. Galvez Bar and Grill is open 5 to 10 p.m. Reservations are available through Open Table or by calling (409) 765-7721. Walk-ins welcome.Discounts:
If you are visiting multiple attractions, visit www.galvestonislandpass.com to receive 40% off 4 or more attractions.